- Winner receives £1000 and the Reg Griffiths Trophy
- Runner-up receives £500 and the Geoffrey Blake Trophy
- Other Finalists each receive £250
- Best Newcomer in Preliminary Round receives £100
- All other competitors each receive £50 toward their expenses
- you must have been born/educated in Cumbria
- you must be aged 16-22 at the beginning of July in the year of the competition
- you must have passed Grade 8 or be currently studying at Grade 8 standard
- The Preliminary Round Concert takes place in early July. Competitors will be required to present a programme of no longer than 15 minutes, for adjudication by three judges, whose task it will be to select four competitors to go forward to the final stage of the competition.
- The Finals Concert usually takes place in early September. The selected finalists will be required to perform a programme of 15-20 minutes for a different adjudication panel, who will then make the awards.
THE 2020 AWARD
- How to apply
Please Download Application Form and return it as requested on the form, preferably electronically or fill in the Online Application Form
- Closing Date for applications is 30th April 2020
- Preliminary Round at Ings, St.Anne’s Church: Monday July 13th starting at 10.00am
- Finals Concert at Grange, Victoria Hall: Friday August 28th at 7.30pm
- Email communication
Please note that communications regarding your application, some of which may be urgent, will normally be by email. The email address you provide in your application should therefore be accessed regularly.