Keldwyth Grants 2019-2020
The Keldwyth Award Society is pleased to offer small grants to children/young people both living in and attending Primary or Secondary school in Cumbria, to assist with tuition expenses, instrument costs, membership of choirs/bands/orchestras etc. for instrumentalists, singers and pianists/organ/keyboard players etc. Applications will be welcomed to support any musical endeavour, not just classical music. There is no exam qualification necessary to qualify for a grant but the applicant must be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm and dedication to their chosen musical activity. A reference attesting to that will be required from your tutor/Head of Music/Choir leader etc. Applicants should also be able to clearly demonstrate participation in group music making activities. Our grants are only available to those applicants who can demonstrate financial need, and a confidential statement supporting such a claim from a parent or guardian is required.
Please read the following before completing the application form:
- The application form is to be used for all requests for grants and will not be considered unless each section is completed in full and is submitted by the deadline of 1 June 2019.
- You should continue to pursue your musical endeavours throughout the 2019/20 academic year
- Successful applicants are required to acknowledge receipt (by email) of their grant payment
- A confidential reference is required from one of the following: a) Head of Music at the school you attend or b) your Primary Schoolteacher or c) your current instrumental/vocal teacher(s)/choir/band/orchestra director whichever is applicable. We will ask for a reference by email, but please let your referee know that you are applying for a grant, so that when we approach him/her they won’t be taken by surprise.
- A confidential statement of financial need is required from your parent/guardian which we will request by email.
- Please complete the online form and submit it online
- Or download grants application form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For grant enquiries please email: email@example.com